This website is operated by MY LOCAL EXPERTS LTD (TRADINING AS MYLOCALMORTGAGE). The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
MY LOCAL EXPERTS LTD (TRADINING AS MYLOCALMORTGAGE) ('we', 'us', 'our') collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you ('you', 'your', 'yours').
Personal information is information which you can be identified from (and does not include any anonymised forms of information).
We may process the following types of personal information in relation to you:
Contact details such as email address and telephone number, as provided by yourself within the site 'arrange a call', 'book a consultation' and 'email advisor' contact forms
This section describes how the above types of personal information are collected by us. Your personal information will be collected as follows:
We will sometimes obtain information from you directly, including when you complete an 'arrange a call', 'book a consultation' or 'email advisor' contact form
How many times a user visits a site, which pages they visited, and other information regarding on-site user behaviour
In the event that we need to obtain personal information in relation to you from any other source than those described above, we shall notify you of this.
In general, your personal information will generally be processed for the purpose of arranging communication/contact between yourself and the selected Mortgage Advisor, as specifically requested by yourself within the contact form
We have described above the purposes for which we may process your personal information. These purposes will at all times be justified by UK data protection law.
The lawful basis upon which we are able to process your personal data are:
(1) where we have your consent to use your data for a specific purpose;
(2) where it is necessary to enter into a legal contract with you or to perform obligations under a legal contract with you;
(3) where it is necessary to enable us to comply with a legal obligation;
(4) where it is necessary to ensure our own legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (provided that your own interests and rights do not override those interests). Wherever we rely upon this basis, details of the legitimate interests concerned shall be provided to you;
(5) where we need to protect your own vital interests (or the vital interests of another person); and/or
(6) where it is needed in the public interest (or where we are acting in our official functions), provided that the task or function has a clear basis in law.
In general, in order to meet the purposes we have described above, we will process your personal information where we have your express consent on each occasion that the data is processed.
On any occasion where any of your personal information is shared with any third party, we shall only permit them to process such information for our required purposes, under our specific instruction, and not for their own purposes. We are required to enter into a formal legal agreement to enable such sharing to take place.
We do not anticipate that we will need to share your personal information with any third party. We will notify should this position change.
Where information is requested from you and you do not provide this it may prevent you from making contact or arranging future communications with your selected Mortgage Broker
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
Your personal information will only be kept for the period of time which is necessary for us to fulfil the above purposes.
We will ensure the proper safety and security of your personal information and have measures in place to do so. We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure.
We have proper procedures in place to deal with any data security breach, which shall be reported and dealt with in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. You shall also be notified of any suspected data breach concerning your personal information.
Our website is not intended for children (anybody under the age of 18). We do not intend to collect data from children.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
(1) fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information;
(2) access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Statement is already designed to address;
(3) require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
(4) require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
(5) receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this information to a third party in certain situations;
(6) object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
(7) object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
(8) object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, or ask us to suspend the processing procedure in order for you confirm its assurance or our reasoning for processing it;
(9) object to processing our your personal information where we are doing so in reliance upon a legitimate interest of our own or of a third party and where you wish to raise to an objection to this particular ground;
(10) otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
(11) claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws; and/or
(12) in any circumstance where we rely upon your consent for processing personal information, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact via email to [email protected]
If you would like this policy in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using the details above.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The UK General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner.
Any requests or questions regarding the use of your personal information should be made via email to [email protected]